Projects & Clients
Current and Recent Projects Include:
· Institute for Innovative Technology In Medical Education (iINTIME): Research and consultancy on "Effective Use of Virtual Patients" (2012).
· Research and consultancy on branding for a major international cooperation (2012).
· AO Foundation: 1st project: "Data Mining and Concept Visualization of Human Performance" (2009-2010), 2nd project: "Enhancing Performance of Medical Trauma Surgeons Using Interactive Video" (2010-2011) -- see examples, and 3rd project: "Survey and Review of E-learning in Medical Training" (2010-2011).
· Research and training workshops at a number of medical schools and hospitals (e.g., Northwestern University), as well as police forces (e.g., LAPD, NYPD, London Metropolitan Police). This work focuses on improving decision making and human performance (2008-2015).
· Department of Justice (DoJ) /National Institute of Justice (NIJ): 1st project: "Forensic Expert Error as a Function of Visual Complexity and Cognitive Difficulty" (2010-2013), 2nd project: "Quantified Assessment of Technological Contextual Information on Accuracy and Reliability of Forensic Decision Making" (2010-2011), and 3rd project: "Forensic Decision Making on Suitability for Identification Judgements" (2011-2013).
· Army Foundation College (AFC): 1st project: "Cognitive Underpinning of Training" (2009), and 2nd project: "Mediating Soldier Decision Making" (2009-2010).
· National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), and Department of Defense (DoD/ CTTSO/ TSWG): 1st project: "Personnel Selection and Evaluation Tools for Forensic Science Managers" (2009-2011), 2nd project: "Scientific Review of Friction Ridge Examination Protocols and Procedures" (2010-2012), and 3rd project:"Web-based Testing and Measurements of Cognitive Suitability for Conducting Forensic Examination" (2011-2016).
· Australian Research Council (ARC): "Forensic reasoning and uncertainty: identifying pattern and impression expertise" (2012-2015).
Past Clients Include:
· PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
· Deutsche Bank
· Northwestern Medical School
· Greater Manchester Police (GMP)
· Netherlands Forensic Institute (NFI)
· National Centre for Applied Learning Technologies (NCALT)
· The Fingerprint Society
· B & Q
· Hampshire Constabulary
· Netherlands National Police
· Ross Medical School
· Identity and Passport Service (IPS)
· Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)
· Ministry of Defence (Mod)
See also list of events.
Top of the page